Re: Why does my ammeter jump around when running my tesla coil?

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>When i run my tesla coil (currently running on 1 12/60 nst),

>i notice that the ammeter

         What KIND of ammeter?
         needle indicator?
           what kind of movement?
         digital

>that is connected to the nst jumps from 10-13 amps the whole time i run
>it. It never stays at one place for more

>than 1 second, why does it do this?

         Probably because the current is varying.
         A Tesla system is a complex, varying load, unlike
         a lightbulb or toaster.  Ferinstance as streamer
         activity goes up and down, supply current should
         vary.

--
         best
         dwp