Re: help- how do i hook up an o-scope?

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Ok,

Basically what i have done so far was taken my 10x probe (the very common
ones) and laid it out on my bench area.  I connected like 12" of some
insulated 22 awg stranded wire to the tip of the probe.  This was about 6
feet from my small TC or any of my VTTCs.  There must not be any
obstructions in the path from the TC to the antennae (ie, dont stand in the
way!)  But of course, the probe is not coming anywhere near the sparks!
Plug the probe into channel one with the voltage range set to the max (you
may need to play with it to get a readable signal) to begin with.  I think
i set the timebase (thingy?) to some very small setting (cant remember, but
in the ms at least, maybe ns, this will be easy to figure out).  Then you
should get something that looks like a sine wave that initially increases
in the first few waves, then decreases, then increases again, ect.  then
finally decays to zilch.  Im guessing this is the kind of answer you were
looking for ;)?  I just got into the o-scope use as well.  Its really
pretty simple once you just play around with the scope for a few hours and
get to know what everything does. Good luck!

Steve Ward.