Blown Kill-A-Watt meters?

Hi All,

If anyone happens to have a blown Kill-A-Watt meter that a Tesla coil
killed or you happen to "make one" ;-))  I would like to get my hands on it
to find out "why" it died (assuming, I don't kill mine first :o))).  These
are really cool meters and making them TC proof would be a help to us
all.  I could certainly pay shipping and probably the cost of the meter
just to discover what goes wrong and how to protect them.

These meters are just too cool not to take wild advantage of in our Tesla
coiling exploits!!  I have read a little on how they work.  They are cheap,
but very effective!!

Perhaps just replacing the fuse with a resistor "might" make them kill
proof...  They probably only have one weakness that we might be able to
find a fix for.  We maybe could then send that to Prodigit so no mods are
needed for the next rev. ;-))

So if you have a dead Kill-A-Watt, get in touch with me.

I suppose we could consider adding KAW to our list of "acronyms" too :o))))

Cheers,

	Terry
	terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net