Re: Mini OLTC is getting 9"

Hi Steve,

Wow cool!!

Same hot mean sparks as mine.  Interesting that you have so much control
over BPS!  Does it make any difference??  With the OLTC being so highly
controlled otherwise, you should be able to tell if say 120 bps is any
better or worse than say 600 BPS...  That is a very old question that maybe
you can study!

I have not gotten my OLTC written up this winter like I was sposta do (BAD
me!!)...  I still have not run it off 240 either.  The big lab still does
not have 240 available...

Wonderful to know that there are now two!!  I bet you don't miss the big
transformers (not knowing how big your DC supply is).  So far the best
things about OLTCs is not high voltage transformers and the circuits are
conventional and relatively easy to play with.  Looks like we have to work
on the spark length stuff.  I think your going to a smaller coil is a great
idea.

I do note that for a given power we seem to be getting about the same type
and length of streamers even though the frequency is 4X different.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTC08-25-06.jpg

We don't know what all goes into making short or long streamers.  But new
data is coming in ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry