Re: Looking for Cast Acrylic Sheet Stock

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

James,

As I said before, acrylic is a nasty beast.  I'd think a few more times
before buying that acrylic an attempt to use a router on it.  There are
plenty of other materials out there
that machine much better than acrylic.  Acrylic has a very low melting
point.  Simply using a standard drill press (which cannot go slow enough) to
drill acrylic will result in a
hole that basically remelts itself together.  Unless you have much
experience with this stuff, stay away!  Don't say I didn't warn you.

The Captain