enamel coat vs. insulation

Original poster: "torlin by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <torlin-at-ghostmail-dot-net>

I am getting ready to wind a new secondary. It will be 8" dia PVC.  I
haven't decided yet how long it will be.  Any suggestions?  My main
question however, is it better to get some enamel-coated wire for the
winding, or use rubber-insulated wire (I'm thinking 18 AWG).  That would
automatically give it a "Space-wound" effect, wouldn't it?