SSTC idea

Original poster: "Chris Swinson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>

HI all,

Thinking about the SSTC design and how they can't do as well as a spark gap
coil.. I wonder if it would be possible to do a cross between the 2 designs.
I wound if instead of a NST use the SSTC driver to charge a tank-cap then
have the usual sparkgap system. I don't know how to work out the caapcitor
value, I would imagine it to be small since the SSTC driver would need to
charge it, though im sure somehow the SSTC could charge say a 10nf cap based
on a simple 8/30ma NST design. Perhaps the SSTC would need a small driver
coil to boost the 100VDC line input ( or whatever ) to like 10KV. It would
bascially be the same as a spark gap coil though instead of damped waves it
will be CW mode with the peek powers avaliable from the tank cap.

Has anyone tried such a setup or know if that idea will work ?

Cheers,
Chris