RE: Formless secondaries

Original poster: "Mark Snoswell by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark-at-cgCharacter-dot-com>

Adam,
     ... Well I am going to finish the coils by setting 1/2 thick resin
disks that are a couple inches larger diameter than the coil. When
pouring the top disk I would just add a length of 3 - 6" tube to mount
the toroid on in your case.

 >From what I have done with the 4" coils I would say that the coils it's
self will be more than strong enough to take a very large top load once
you have coated it with resin inside and out.

If you did need more support then you could use an inner support column
-- say a thin walled 3" cylinder -- the sort you can readily get in
several meter lengths for free from  window tinting shops.

Cheers

Mark