RE: Formless secondaries

Original poster: "Mark Snoswell by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark-at-cgCharacter-dot-com>

The way I have it set up it's very easy to make formless coils and they
turn out to be mechanically very strong... So quite apart from any
potential operational benefits they look way cool and you can reuse the
form and winding setup again and again -- great for making a number of
coils for testing parameters. I suspect there will be some minor
insulation benefits by being able to coat the interior of the coil with
2 part resin also.

...anyway... I'm having a great time refining the process. Third test
coil is mostly done and I've started characterising the first two coils.
Photos will come soon as I get a chance.

Mark

Dr Mark Snoswell.
Creator & Head Dude                        www.cgCharacter-dot-com

 >"davep" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>
 >formless secondaries have been discussed previousl, the archives may
have some thoughts
 >of interest.  My informal recollection of the thoughts is:
 >
 >	form losses, for 'reasonable forms' are so low as
 >	to make the advantages of formless construction
 >	questionable...

---