Re: Input power measurement

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <classictesla-at-netzero-dot-com>

Hi Skip,

Yes, understood. The shunts removed was another post (sorry). So, a cap
resonant to the transformer and no modifications and we would expect to see
about 9 to 10 amps but your measuring 17A, correct? And measuring with an
iron vane meter (true RMS). Have you ran a cap size off of resonance? Have
you checked an inductive load like a motor against the meter with say any
other meter?

Sorry for my lack of thought on this one - it's been "one of those" weeks.
On a brighter note, my new pc board at work tested out perfectly. I think I
had that on my mind all week among a few dozen other things. One of those
deals where you have to make several trace routing changes just prior to
ordering 1000 pcb's! (I fail to understand how anyone can order 1000 pcb's
and hope it works - talk about being set-up to fail - "they" and I got
lucky this time). Anyway, after wiping off the sweat from my brow, maybe I
can engage think with a clearer head.

Take care,
Bart