Re: Looking for Cast Acrylic Sheet Stock

   Highly recommended to
 > get really friendly with McMaster-Carr!!
 >
 > Goodness knows I have lately ;-)))
 >
 > My "only" whine is that they don't e-mail you the UPS shipper numbers
 > automatically.  But stuff always arrives exactly the day I expect, so no
 > big deal...  In general, their prices are perfectly fair.  The nice site
 > and always in stock are really what counts.

Prices at McMaster are sometimes slightly (10-20%) higher than if you spend
many hours tracking down another source for the same item through another
specialized distributor.  If you were buying large quantities of something,
it might be worth tracking down another supplier, but for one and two
quantity things, and your time is worth anything at all, I fully agree with
Terry on this one, McMaster Carr is great. (At the Los Angeles warehouse,
they have a UPS shipping center in the warehouse, so often, if you order in
the morning, you get the UPS delivery the next morning...)

The only gripe I have is that it's hard to get a paper catalog out of them.