Re: Kill-A-Watt Meters

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

All,

I bought a P4400 Kill-A-Watt meter last year for use with my SSTC coil.
However, on initial running of my SSTC, the unit was very quickly killed.
Definitely a Kill-o-watt meter.
I returned the meter to the online retailer I purchased it from and never
ran it again with my SSTC coil.  However, when I built up my 15/60mA NST
tesla coil and used this meter again,
the thing quickly crapped the bed again.  Both times the voltage and
currents were within specifications of the unit (as indicated by analog
meters on my variac controller).   I again returned the thing and got my
money back.

These things appear in my experience not to be built too well for tesla use.
Perhaps others have had better luck????

The Captain