Re: Formless secondaries

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Mark Snoswell by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark-at-cgCharacter-dot-com>

 > I am also setting up my coil winding jig to wind future coils with a
 > space between the turns (optionally). Most of the top potential
 > generated is due to resonant rise of potential in the secondary circuit
 > -- It's funny that we see so much activity on the power supply side when
 > it would appear that there are significant gains (several fold?) to be
 > made by improving the Q of the secondary circuit. -- Take a close look
 > at the Q Variation Experiments at
 > http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/qvar070402/
 > The peak Q from the various coils varies by 200% or so with the best Q's
 > up around 20 in that report.

This is correct for a CW coil. In a capacitor discharge coil the voltage
gain is limited by the square root of the ratio of input and output
capacitances. If the energy transfer occurs in n cycles, there is no
significant gain if the coil has a Q of more than, say, 10*n.

 > That's all for my first serious post to the list.

Welcome.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz