Re: Tungsten language

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun.COM>

Matt,
      RED => contains thorium oxide, at 1% or 2%, and it IS radioactive, I'ld
             stay away from this one if possible
      GREEN => 100% pure tungsten, this is preferable.

(in theory the green will quench better, because the thorium is added to
improve electron emissivity for higher welding current (which might lower
the gap resistance), but I doubt that anyone has tryed to measure any
difference in a TC...)

Pete Lawrence.