Dangers of SSTCs ! ! ! Measured

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

This weekend, I borrowed a Narda E-field meter from work to run with my
coils.
I took measurements over 100kHz to 1MHz average at a distance of 5 feet
surrounding the coil.  Although, field strength was well under 100 (V/m) for
my conventional coils,
the field strength of my SSTC (tuned) was over 1000 (V/m) ! ! ! !  Well over
the IRPA exposure limit of 194 (V/m).  When the SSTC was a bit off tune so
that just a very small
corona discharge was visible, the field strength jumped up to well over 3000
(V/m).  And thats at a distance of 5ft from the resonator.

Maybe SSTCs are a bit more dangerous than we thought . . . !

The Captain