From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 1:32 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Calculating Capacitance of solid disk

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <classictesla-at-netzero-dot-com>

Hi Dan,

This is a nice function of Fantc. It can perform analysis of object
capacitance for toroids, spheres, spheroids, discs, and cylinders (up to 10
each of wanted). In this case, I simply computed the 4" disk capacitance.
Here's the output at a detail 3 setting.

Computing ..... please wait
System or Object Capacitance: 140.08 pF
Run CompleteTime elapsed: 2.1 secs

To run an objects capacitance, input the dimensions. For your inquiry, my
inputs were:
disc inside diam. = 0
disc outside diam. = 4
disc height = 0

Then, check the "Disc" checkbox as the system component (only one needed),
and press the "Run Capacitance Analysis" button.
http://www.classictesla-dot-com/fantc/fantc.html

Take care,
Bart