Re: NST replacements

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

I can't wait to see how much more spark we can obtain out of a 16 kV 100 mA
unit directly replacing a 12 or 15 kV 60 mA unit or 12/60 unit on the same
coil.  I know TC's love current.  A few kV's up or down doesn't seem to
matter all that much but they love current to rapidly recharge the cap
especially with units using small RSG's.  With Terry's excellent filter
circuit one can run a small 8 electrode RSG on NST's and they seem to
survive.

Also, my plan is to oil immerse them so that will work a lot better than the
black goop presently used.

Dr. Resonance