Re: Input power measurement

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Oddly,

I was just working on a 15/60 system.  I couldnt tune it with my 12 turn
primary, so i increased the capacitance to about .016uf.  Then the thing
blew out a 15A slow fuse!  So does the LTR actually pull out more power?
And if so, 5A or more(like in my system)?  Its strange that i have been
able to run my 15/120 system on the same line!!  So im also stumped about this.

Steve Ward.

PS, i run my 7.5A variac at 20+ amps quite often.  I wouldnt worry about a
10A variac being stressed from a 12A load.  Unless its one of those newer
wussy ones ;)