Re: 44 inches with 450 watt NST

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <classictesla-at-netzero-dot-com>

Hi Captain,

The NST is modified.  John's spark length equation has to do with inputs
watts at the wall, not the NST rating.

Nolan mentions current bouncing between 8 and 13 amps. Just using the 8A
value we have 960W.
1.7 x sqrt(960) = 52.7 inches.
13 amps is 67 inches.

Don't get me wrong, I think Nolan's coil is doing well at 44".
Nolans performance is 1.42 x sqrt(960).

ps. don't you like the word "performance" used rather than "efficiency"?<grin>

Take care,
Bart