RE: Is this capacitor okay ? ? ?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I asked the question because I didn't have any specifications for this
capacitor.  I only had a part number so I didn't
know if it was a pulse capacitor, or standard DC filtering capacitor.  Also,
ripple rating is important as well as with only 5uF, there may still be
considerable ripple on the capacitor and if the capacitor has a high ESR,
then it could very easily overheat.

Dan

hi
      the caps used for dc smoothing come under a lot less stress than at
high
frequency. as long as the voltage rating is up to the job and the current
rating is sufficient then it should be fine .
i am suprised that you are asking this question though (no disrespect) but
theprojects you have built i figured you already know the answer to your own
question
cheers
colin