Re: NST replacements

Original poster: "Harvey Norris by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry
 > Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
 >

 > This past fall I paid a retired engineer from a
 > certain leading NST
 > manufacturer to set down with me for a day and help
 > develop a new design as
 > a replacement for those NST's that will soon be
 > unavailable even used.  The
 > new ones will be electronic in a few years and a
 > current limited
 > conventional NST will no longer be available.
Surely this cannot be true?  What about the many
transformers on EBAY?  If we are getting to the point
that regulation can interupt a hobbiest's
experimentation with  high voltage electrical
phenomenon, this is a real blow for scientific
freedom?  I can scarcely believe that ANY regulation
could eliminate accessibility to a standard current
limited  high voltage transformer, such as the NST is
classified.  The mere thought of this kind of
regulation gets me pig biting mad, (to use Ed Angers
popular expression often found in the Weekly World
News: I like to stay educated), (flames unreturnable) HDN