RE: Is this capacitor okay ? ? ?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Paul,

Actually on the contrary.  The capacitor is probably still a bit on the
small size.  I think optimally, I would
like to get around a 10-12uF at about 6kV, the bigger the better.  However,
with high voltage capacitors, there is
always the problem of a huge increasing of size with voltage and
capacitance.  Not something you want to haul around
on a VTTC with.

Dan

It's about 20 times to large. I only use .1 uF for my pig driven coil and
that goes up to 10 kW. Look for something in the 20 kVDC range at .026 - .1
uF max.

Paul S. Marshall