From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 9:22 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: short question (about Faraday Cage)

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<davep-at-quik-dot-com>

 >I am knew so some patience please:
 >What happens when you put a tesla coil in a Faraday Cage?

          If the cage is big enough, it runs normally. WHAT IS BIG
ENOUGH???????????????????????????????????????????

 >Where does the energy go?

          Lost in resistive losses in the cage walls. Calculation or
observation?????????????????????????

 >What happens to flourescent lights in the cage?

          Depending on exact position, they may light.    What defines
          (in which case THAT energy does not get to the
          cage walls...)

          best
          dwp

...the net of a million lies...
          Vernor Vinge
There are Many Web Sites which Say Many Things
          -me