Re: "ring terminal" use in tesla coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Is it okay to use those ring terminals (the things you crimp onto the ends
>of wires) to hookup all the components of your tesla coil together?
>
>Thanks
>
>Adam

Certainly.  I crimp them and then solder them.  I also use them on my
larger coil that utilizes 3/8" copper tubing for the primary
interconnections.  The yellow size, for #12 wire, just fits inside the
copper tubing.  You want to get the tubing pieces into position before
soldering the lugs on however.

Ed Sonderman