Re: the mini tesla

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 20:09 05/03/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "TheCrazzyman by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <TheCrazzyman-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>ok i dont think im gona use the 7.5kv NST so i think im gona use my MOT on
>the transformed side(heeh) there are 3 wires  from left to right they
>are  FA HV F now when i touch the FA to F i get a sparc but when FA or F
>get touched to HV i get a streamer kind of sparc. its streched out. so
>when any of them touch i get a sparc. now on a tesla, like my mini one,
>what goes where?

Why don't you try touching HV to the metal baseplate of the transformer?
You should get a much bigger spark that way. Remember the voltage from the
MOT is extremely dangerous. They weren't kidding when they put the DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE sticker on it. Also the spark should be very bright and hot,
so don't hold any wires in your hand, instead tape it to a stick and hold
the stick.

If you were powering a Tesla coil with it, you would connect one lead to
the HV terminal and the other to the metal base of the transformer. An MOT
won't work well without "ballast" so really an NST is a better bet for your
first coil.

P.S. Remember to make out a last will and testament before you start.

Steve C.