RE: VTTC Stacatto Boards - Taking Payment now.

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Yes, I did receive your order.
Silkscreen is basically that.  A painted silkscreen layer which provides
text, component outlines, and ref des, etc...

The advantage to having silkscreen / soldermask is a better looking board,
an easier to troubleshoot and assemble board, and
a board which traces are somewhat isolated and not exposed.

However, for the quantities being ordered, there really is not much price
difference between each (about $1-2 now)

The Captain

Hi Dan,all,

The PCB's are ordered... But regarding "Silkscreen / Solder Mask ":
can somebody enlighten me: I know the meaning of silkscreens in original
printmaking (not TC related). And I imagine what might be a solder mask.
But I have no idea, what might be the advantage to have the 2 for a limited
number of special staccato PCB's. Anybody can help (please excuse my
ignorance)?

Cheers,
Kurt