Re: metal spinning success

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Resonance Research Corp. by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

 > If you tig weld together or solder the halves the biggest problem is to get
 > a smooth surface.
 >
 > Wetsand the joined pieces with dish-washing detergent using ample quantities
 > of the detergent.  This works even better than wet-sanding with water.  We
 > have used the aluminum oxide paper to do the cutting on a standard long
 > bench type sanding machine.

The soap seems a good idea. I usually remove the grossest imperfections
with a small disk sander in a Dremel tool, and finish with fine steel
wool and then a metal polisher. But by letting the solder touch only
the interior of the ball, and polishing the ball surfaces during the
spinning procedure, there is very little to correct.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz