Re: Arc welder, pole pig questions

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Not if its a true center-tapped winding.  You can still wire a center-tapped
transformer (i.e. this example) from centertap to one of the ends with
120VAC and get 14400VAC output.
However, if you do this (and I don't recommend it), you would have to derate
your transformer's kva rating accordingly.

The Captain