Re: TC triggered high energy discharge

I think Bill's shot was a "non-repeatable" kind of experiment.. I'm trying
to figure out how to get a TC streamer to carry a pile o'juice.. on a quasi
repeatable way... and without destroying the setup... As you say, Bill had a
few undesirable side effects from his shot.

What about a HEI type TC in the middle of a big charged plane opposite
another big charged plane..

Imagine two large (1 m diameter) plates a half meter or so apart, connected
to a big cap bank, charged to 50 kV.  Now, start a small discharge in the
middle of one of the plates towards the other one (i.e. with GMHEITC behind
one of the plates.  The extreme field non-uniformity should provide a path
for the avalanche to occur.  The question is whether you could get the
"starting end" (i.e. the TC end) of the spark to "attach" to the big plate
as it propagates..