Re: A new Tesla coil and k measurements

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

 > I have set up a page showing my Tesla coil with a flat primary,
 > where I tried to predict the coupling coefficient in advance:
 >
 > http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/tefp.html

Some updates: A few better pictures and the equivalence between an Oudin
coil and a Tesla coil.
About Oudin, I found this article:
"Sus les résonateurs et sur  l'effluve de résonance", Comptes Rendus,
pp. 1632-1634, 1898. There is a reference to the first description of
Oudin's coil, in 1892. The article can be seen at gallica.bnf.fr.
There is a comment at the end saying that the effects of long
exposure to the "effluves" of the Oudin coil are similar to the
effect of exposure to X-rays.
I had the silly idea of drawing a long arc from my coil to a metal
sphere held with two fingers. Lasted less than 1 second. Now I have
pain in all the joints of the fingers... These things are dangerous.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz