DRSSTC first light

Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello,

I got my first sparks yesterday! It was only 6 inches,
but the break rate was only 10 bps, and it was turned
down to 34 volts in. I didn't get to turn it up a lot,
because some weird stuff was happening. It's all
written up in the logbook on my site
(www.hot-streamer-dot-com/chunkyboy86). When I put the
oscilloscope next to the coil, I can use it as a
current sensor! the magnetic field directly affects
the scope beam, so I can tell the current waveform!
It's not calibrated, or anything, but I can trust the
signal. I think it is really cool that something that
annoying can come back and save the day!

Thanks to everyone that helped me with this!

=====
Jimmy

_