Re: Desktop Bipolar Coil

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

Yes, it does.  To see this effect you need to perform a full range of
experiments.

As an example, in our 18 dia. secondaries we start the first turn 7 inches
above the horizontal plane of the primary.  With 24 inch dia. sec's this
distance rises to a full 9 inches of elevation.

If you take a specific coil and perform a full range of experiments by
elevating it in 1/2 inch increments you will see the results.

We always standardize our primaries to begin 1 1/2 inches away from the sec.
coilform with most all designs.

We also record the precise coeff. of coupling for each design, ie, 2 inch, 4
inch, 6 inch, 8 inch, etc.  By measuring coeff. of coupling and performing
actual elevation experiments we can optimize different designs.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913