MMC source

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

With some of the recent MMC questions and some newbies, I thought I would
post a quick note about our MMC caps.

If you're looking for capacitors to build an MMC, check out the "Geek Caps":
http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/mmc

We have two capacitors available: a 2kV, .10uF cap, and a 2kV, .15uF
cap.  Both are 942C series polypropylene foil capacitors manufactured by
Cornell-Dubilier Electronics.  Both caps have an impecable service record
in Tesla Service, and have recieved some rave reviews.  Testing performed
by Terry Fritz, our beloved moderator, has shown these capacitors to be
extremely robust and tolerant of Tesla coil operation.  Thousands have been
sold, with only a few problems that have been attributed to poor design or
construction.  To aid with that issue, two guides are availble on the
site:  a design guide that recommends an MMC for the commonly used neon
sign transformer sizes, and a guide with the recommended construction
practices.  The order form and order status is available online, and
payment can be made via paypal.

It is our hope to make the MMC accessible to all Tesla Coilers.

I would be happy to answer all questions, on list or off.

Cheers,

Mark Broker