Re: NST toastmaster

Original poster: "WIZZARD . by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pbobyk-at-hotmail-dot-com>

My power factor correction capacitors are connected in parallel the NST's
and after the variac.
My variac is only rated for 6 Amps, so I felt the cap's would help, and
they have.
I need to take some measurements.

I tried connecting the PF correction cap's before the variac and found that
it just wasted hydro when the coil wasn't even producing sparks. ( 7 Amps
at 120 Volt )

I'm a little leary of trying to get more out of an NST than it was designed
for.
Removing the shunts sounded like a great idea until I unpotted a dead NST.
WHAT A MESS!

Dr. Resonance has the right idea. He is making 16KV 200 mA transformers.
Economical, affordable ( I hope ) portable, and efficient.

Dwight, Ontario
Canada