Re: NST toastmaster

Original poster: "WIZZARD . by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pbobyk-at-hotmail-dot-com>

My static gap was open too far, and my safety gap may as well have not been
there.
I applied the NST over the safety gap and adjusted it to arc at 15 KV.
My cap is sized for resonance at 15KV 60 mA... 10.6 nfd, and with my two
transformers this is VERY obvious.
My AC input voltage can be as small as 20 VAC and the transformer/cap fires
the static gap!
It is majical to watch what happens when you give the thing 120 Volts and
the resonance changes the charge time.  (K, I'll get some feedback on
charge time BUT )
I have noticed a large improvement of the intensity of the discharges from
the torid without the help of a discharge point. One discharge builds on
another to give the "white" sparks I have heard of but up until recently
have never seen.

Sometimes the white portion of the arcs seem to be in mid air.
I believe this is caused by the ion trails of previous sparks providing a
path of least resistance to the next spark.