RE: Counterpoise and MMC demise

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Dr, can you cite a mechanism for this "reflected" energy that would be
evident to the tank cap?  Conservation of energy prohibits the voltage on
the cap from ever exceeding the gap breakdown voltage.

There have been several reports on this List where folks have forgotten to
connect their secondary base to _anything_, and spark performance was not
at all affected.  I'm sure that more RF noise was coupled to the mains
wiring as a result, but I'm not convinced that RF ground integrity affects
performance.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

 >Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" ><resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>