RE: Tek P6015 thoughts - Re: Very nice High Bandwidth 75MHz HV Pr obe on EBAY ! ! !

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

  Tough situations indeed, but 60 years latter,
 > Tek "can" fix
 > that...  There is a growing "rumble in the wilderness" for a
 > "real" modern
 > ~50 kV RF scope probe that would replace the P6015 series.
 > Safe, reliable,
 > and true...  That old design of 60 years ago is ancient
 > now...  So, we are
 > "poking" Tek to make a us a nice new one ;-)))  Tesla coil spark gap
 > measurements are right smack in the "bad" area for the P6015
 > series probes
 > :-(     We need a better probe........

Unfortunately Terry, the days of the dodo, so they say are over.  High
voltage is being phased out of many applications
it was originally used in these days.  Solid state RF modules are replacing
high voltage transmitters and high power tube transmitters, and so forth.
Demand for these good probes is definitely decreasing so I wouldn't be
surprised if TEK completely discontinued these type of hv probes altogether.