Re: coupling coefficient

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hi Antonio, all...

Thank you for your advice. I didn't experience any arcing problems or racing
sparcs.
I think I forgot to mention I am running a magnifier setup. What I feared
was that the higher energy might increase problems with my SRSG to quench
propperly.
Is my assumption right, that the higher power with bigger bansize might
drive energy back into the SG ark and avoid a 1st notch quenching and by
that dramaticaly increasing stress on the cap?
If this is not a problem I think I could increase coupling even more after
insulating the master oscillator coil ( now it's only "air-insulated" ) ant
turning from am reversed cone shape to a helical primary, now that I know
the number of turns needed ( 6 )
I will give that a try as soon as I find the time.

greetings

Christoph