Re: Joining two rolls of wire on the secondary coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

When I splice the wire on a secondary, I like to file the ends of the wire
to a flat tapered or wedge shape, by filing only on one side of the wire.
The insulation is left where the wire is not filed.  Both ends to be joined
are prepared in this way.  Both flats are tinned, then carefully overlapped
and soldered.  The wedge shapes are designed to give the wire its
original shape and thickness through the splice.  If done well, the
splice will hardly show.  This method gets harder with thinner wire,
although I do have such a splice near the bottom of my TT-42 secondary.

I first read of this method on the list, but I can't remember who it was
who recommended it.

John