RE: Solid State Plasma Tweeters

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Yes it has been done and there are already a variety of commercial
establishments making them, although they are very pricey,
on the order of $2000 pair up to $20000 a pair from what i've seen so far.

However, they are all done with tube technology.  Solid State
implementations have not been done yet to my knowledge for
plasma tweeters at least commercially.  Of course, plasma tweeters are
"high-end" audiophillic type equipment, and these are the same people who
live and die by tube equipment.  So solid state equipment is always looked
down upon from audiophiles.

Also, with tube based plasma tweeters there are usually three sections.  The
RIGHT VTTC type tweeter, the LEFT VTTC type tweeter, and a large power
supply used to provide the plate voltage for these things.

With a solid state implementation, I believe you could get rid of this bulky
power supply and have stand alone plug-in tweeters.

"Go Solid State Tesla Coil audio modulation ! ! ! !"

The Captain