Re: spark length vs. power input

Original poster: "Mark Fergerson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mfergerson1-at-cox-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:
>Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
>Cyl. coil solenoids for sec. and always flat spirals for the pri.  Most all
>inverted cones will overcouple unless the sec. coil is 2 inches in dia. or
>less.

   Right, but I'm still fooling around with flat secondaries, hence my
question. Your O.P was about secondaries in general and a few regulars here
have done some work with flat spirals. I was wondering if anybody'd tried
to find a "Freau Equation" for them.

   I'm working less than 100W total (but spark length is dubious due to
coupling problems and driver circuit fires) so a few more data points would
be helpful. ;>)

   Mark L. Fergerson