Re: Quad SSTC

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Thanks Alan.  I've been waiting to get details from this coil as I did see
Adam Horden's video of the quad coil in action.

Now you are playing "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" theme, but are you
feeding that directly with an audio source, or actually programming that
audio modulation
with the PIC itself.  It sounds like it the tones were generated directly by
the PIC itself.  Also, what type of power supply are you using with this
glorious creation?  Judging by
the video, it does appear there is considerable line frequency ripple making
the streamers longer than they would if pure DC was fed.

Anyways, it was a very impressive demonstration and was the actual thing
that inspired me to get off my butt and finish my audio modulation
conversion on my SSTC.
Good job and thanks!!!

Another idea I had was to hook up a keyboard to my SSTC.

The Captain