Re: Statistics & spark length and Air Pressure

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

The dielectric of air varies (increases) with increased air pressure.
However, I am thinking this characteristic would mostly apply only to
pre-breakout conditions.
I think once that the air is sufficently ionized by previous streamers, that
spark length vs. altitude would somewhat normalize and that air pressure
would be less of a factor.

Any thoughts?

The Captain