Re: spark length vs. power input

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 11:30 09/06/03 -0600, you wrote:
Last summer, at least, I bought things like candy and vegetables by the
pound in England.  I understand, though, that there is a legislative move
afoot to require shopkeepers to post prices per kg, and to conduct
transactions in metric units.

It's true! Foodstuffs in Britain are now sold by the pound _or_ by the
kilogram. Shops have to quote both by law. The engineering trades, and
school maths, physics, and so on, have used S.I. units at least since I was
at school. Tesla coiling seems to be totally in English units (bizarrely
the English call them 'Imperial' units) throughout the world, so you won't
find me claiming spark lengths of 790mm any time soon.

Steve C.