Re: Primary Isolation

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Peter,

Keep an eye on those particle board standoffs.  I have found that most
partical board/plywood glues are conductive at high voltage.  The tracking
will occur in the glue line and you won't see it until you see smoke rising
up from two points on the coil.  That's why I use Plexiglass.  When I have
anything touching wood, I make sure that there is no path thru it to ground.
Normaly the only thing I allow to touch wood is ground.

David E Weiss