Re: AC vs DC and Toroid Question

Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Martin: I use both AC and DC coils The only major differance is a dc coil
requires a disconect coil in series with the power supply and the  coil-SG
to prevent power arc problems. I use a 15 T 1"dia x  6" air core coil on my
DC coils. I use 15/60 NST full wave rectifier for power with ASG. The only
differance in preformance is AC has less control and more noise. My DC coils
work well with and without toroids. My best toroid is a BEER Keg with
rounded ends. My AC coils dont work with out some toroid. I like pipe duct
with pie pan centers. With my DC coils I have full control of my PRF when I
use a triggered spark from single pop to 240 pps. My AC coils are line
frequency dependent. Both work well, I just like the conrrol of DC best. AC
requires less parts, its just a choice. DC lets me toy with it more.
     Robert  H