Re: primary clip questions

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

Alligator clips are fine for initial tuning, but after you best the best
spot, then form a 3/4 inch wide x 2 inch long piece of flat copper stock
over a drill bit 3 sizes smaller than 1/4 inch.  This works good for copper
tubing.

This clip, when tightened, will give a solid connection.  Use an automotive
copper battery lug (NAPA store) to come into the clip from the bottom and
attach with 10-24 brass fastener.

If just using flat strip for the primary you can silver solder the tap onto
the primary strip after tuning is completed.  Be sure to remove primary for
several turns in both directions to do this so the heat conduction doesn't
melt your holders.

Dr. Resonance