Re: capacitance formula

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Dan and Pete,

What I said and what I meant to say were apparently two different
things...  :^)

What I relay meant to say is that the voltage distribution across the a
sandwich of dielectrics is distributed in the same fashion that the voltage
is distributed across an equivalent chain of series connected
capacitors.  The dielectric with the lowest relative permittivity (i.e.,
smallest capacitance) will face the greatest voltage stress - the voltage
stress (volts/mil) will be inversely proportional to the relative
permittivities of the dielectrics.

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--
Unique Offerings - Scarce Technical Books, Coins Crushed by
Ultrastrong Magnetic Fields, and Captured Lightning Bolts!