RE: making a motor synch?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

 > There does seem to be something funny with the specs of some of these
 > motors.  I built a sync rotary gap using a 1/25 H.P. 1800 rpm
 > sync motor
 > that I bought from C & H sales.  The rotor is 6.5" in
 > diameter, 1/2" thick
 > phenolic.  There are eight electrodes one inch long made from
 > 3/8" diameter
 > copper.  The motor seems to have plenty of power and locks
 > into sync at 72
 > volts.  This motor was purchased as a sync (hystersis) motor and not
 > modified by me.  You can see it at my web site:
 > http://members.aol-dot-com/esondrmn/index.html
 >
 > Ed Sonderman

Ed,

Thats a very nice rotary spark gap.  I too am using a similar motor
(purchased from Dr. Resonance) and am running
about a 6-7" rotor as well.  The motor also has plenty of power and is only
rated about 1/20 HP i think.

You can see this motor at my website:
http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/teslacoil10.htm

The Captain