Re: How to build a Tesla Tower and free energy

Original poster: "Harvey Norris by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Hi,

I should point out that the way Tesla evisioned
possibilities, goes far beyond his discoveries of the
high frequency transformer that was developed in
accordance with those principles. The first question
everyone has is quintessential, how does high freq
correlate to the natural earth freq, and what is the
connection here?

On this great bandwagon that everyone jumps on, is the
ionosphere connection: whereby the earth as a a
capacitor idea is played out.

Nichte. Use your imagination as Tesla would. There are
plenty of possibilities beyond that connotation. There
are still things to be done that go quite beyond other
peoples imagination. For example by theory, the
military can be out done. You do not need an antennae
that is miles long by calculations to make a low
frequency resonator. In fact I have the same thing in
a room in my house, which is called a 60 hz resonator,
where those coil lengths are only 18 miles long. How
long of a wire does the military use to place the same
effect in Michigan? The key is "internal capacity" to
reduce the resonant frequency of a coil.

From
Did Nikola Tesla invent the multiple wave oscillator?,
HDN comments.
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/message/714
"Which brings us to the plethora of devices that
purport to operate at extremely low frequencies that
are "good" for you. Let's apply the formula. Let's
take a device claiming to transmit at 10 Hz, for
instance. The speed of light divided by 10 Hz equals
30 million meters. Even with a quarter wave antenna we
still need a 7½ million-meter antenna to transmit this
frequency through the atmosphere. Our Navy manages to
transmit a 75 Hz frequency to our submarines but has
to use a 768-mile long quarter-wave antenna in
Wisconsin to do it."

HDN; meters/sec divided by cycles/sec actually yeilds
an answer in the terms of meters/cycle. Mike seems
correct in then stating that the "actual" quarter wave
resonator would then be a length of one quarter of
this derived full wave length value. Now we can go
further and analyze the stated resonant value given
for a 768 mile antennae.
First we multiply by 4 to obtain the wavelength at
3072 miles. Dividing by the speed of light at 186,000
miles /sec yeilds a time period of .0165 seconds for
one cycle. The reciprocal of this is 60.5
hz. So what gives with the 75 hz answer in the
example? Well as Paul Nicholson has pointed out, the
quarter wave length theory is only a guideline, and in
most all examples with tesla coils, the actual
resonant frequency is slightly higher than that given
by the quarter wavelength example.

What becomes somewhat unusual is that the usual value
mimics a performance where that signal travels
"slightly" faster than the
speed of light. Or in other words the freq of
resonance becomes a value slightly higher then what
the quarter wavelength value will supply. See the
comments and graph in
http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/misc.html

So we might suppose here that the buried transmitting
antennae is in a spiral, thus giving a higher freq
value than a typical straight line antennae would, and
indeed 768 miles would be an extreemely long
straight line antennae!

More;
Coils with a massive internal capacity
between windings have the reverse effect, the
resonating value becomes much lower then the quarter
wavelength value. Two of the induction coils I use to
produce the High freq Rife/Lakhovsky effect
are  ~20 miles long. Using 40 miles for the quarter
wave length value the wavelength becomes 160 miles.
This divided by the speed of light would be a
resonating freq of some 1162 hz. However as noted,
the "actual" resonating value for the coils will be
much lower. In fact the coils are not "tuned" for a
value near that quarterwavelength value, instead they
are tuned to the source frequency of 60 hz, for a
fairly rare example of a 60 hz resonator.
The "reason" such examples are rare is shown by the
military itself,
that has to use the "length equation" to make such a
low frequency resonator, which only leaves one other
option for making a low frequency resonator, that of
Thompsons resonance formula
R(f)= 1/2 pi*sq rt [LC]

I summo I perfectly believe that is is possible to
erect large scale coils that will perform to a
generator to the effect that the "impulse propagated
from the source of EMF".... does not have the time
period to reach the end of the wire before the reverse
of polarity by that generator can establish a circuit
similar to that of a tank circuit itself by actual
wire length considerations.

The first step in establishing this possibillity will
be to erect  smaller coil prototypes that are "bifilar
in two dimensions" rather then simply one: and then to
drive those coils at higher alternator frequencies to
establish whether in fact this aspect can be
exploited. These will be smaller scale models.

Pending the success of those models, larger models
actually operated at "earth resonating frequencies"
then also become feasible pending the success of
smaller tests.

This  mathematical idea of bifilar coils in two
dimensions is explored at;
True Meaning of Bifilar/ 2-d Bifilar Calculations
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/message/582
Sincerely HDN

=====
Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal Resonances
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/